What is the most unpleasant moment for someone who vapes? When the vape doesn’t work anymore. This sudden problem usually arises when your elf bar runs out of battery. What you need to do, then? Simple: Charge it! So, what kind of charger does an elf bar use? This is what we will discuss today in this blog. Let’s dig in!
When Should We Charge an Elf Bar?
The ideal time to charge an elf bar is when vape juice is still ongoing, but the vape pen still needs to be fixed. It is because the battery needs to be charged. There are other indications that you need to charge your vape pen. For instance,
- The smell provided by the device is not too strong.
- There is no smoke coming out of your elf bar.
When Should We Not Charge an Elf Bar?
- We should not charge an elf bar when heated internally because it can damage your vape pen.
- We should not charge an elf bar when the voltage at your current location is too high or too low. Both extremes of voltages can cause wear and tear on the battery.
- We should only charge an elf bar when the amperage is correct. There are chances that it can burn your device.
- We should not charge an elf bar in the third USB port of the laptop. (If you don’t have a laptop or Ipad, you can use the household outlet directly).
- Ensure that your vape pen is in a rechargeable state.
- Plug a C-type cable in the bottom port of an elf bar.
- It is recommended to use a well-equipped cable. It keeps the current level the same for an elf bar.
- Connect the charging c-type cable to your cellphone or laptop.
Disconnecting the Charger
- When the light of an elf bar goes from on to off, it proves that your elf bar has been fully recharged. Now it’s time to disconnect the charger.
- Users with frequently asked questions mainly discuss “What kind of charger does an elf bar use?” but an important aspect neglected is the responsibility to disconnect the charger after your vape pen is charged.
- To NOT forget your phone disconnection process, try setting up an alarm on your phone or even placing the charging vape pen in a location that reminds you to disconnect it.
- This step seems very simple to users, but it plays a significant part in making the batter last longer. Many users put their vape bars on charging when they are going to sleep, and this all-night charging, instead of helping, harms the device.
Although the charging process is straightforward, if recommended equipment is used, there is less chance of damage to the device.
- The recommended volts for an elf bar is 5 volts.
- The power should be within the range of 15 watts to 25 watts.
- Slow chargers are better as compared to high-speed chargers.
How Long Does an Elf Bar Take to Recharge?
All batteries, usually in a vape bar, are 650mAh. For full-capacity charging a maximum of one to two hours is required. There are non-rechargeable elf bars as well. They are not able to be charged. Only one-time usage is present until the juice or battery dies out.
Refilling of Elf Bar
In case you have charged your elf bar, and it’s still not working, it might be because you have run out of vape juice in the elf bar. There is a common error that vape users tend to make. They attempt to refile their vape bars. It is NOT safe. What usually happens is that there is incorrect handling by the vape users as they are not experts in attempting the standard way, so the vape juice leaks into the battery, and the device is permanently damaged. An indication of the leakage is when the vape pen becomes too dirty.
What Kind of Charger Does an Elf Bar Use-FAQs
Besides “What kind of charger does an elf bar use?” Here are some other frequently asked questions.
- Why is my elf bar blinking?
If an elf bar is blinking, it is just an indication for your ease to remind you that your elf bar is draining. This means that you will need to charge your elf bar soon. (Make sure you don’t use fast charging cables or excessive voltage in a rush)
- Why is my elf bar not charging?
The worst nightmare for a vape user could be when their elf bar is not charging, but don’t worry. We have got you covered.
- Your choice of charger may not be good enough. As previously mentioned, Slow chargers are ideal.
- A lot of vape users randomly connect their elf bar to any power source. If the voltage is incorrect, your elf bar might not charge.
- There might be a bad battery contact in your case. To fix this, you will have to open the unit and notice the battery. Try opening the battery compartment, and as you remove the battery component, you will be able to see red as well as black wires that are connected to a metal tab. Gently strip your charger. Put the red charging wire on the red vape wire and similarly black wire on the black vape wire.
(If after one minute of the process you notice that the battery is hot, it means that its working and the elf bar is being charged)
Hopefully, after reading this article, you have got your answer to the question “What kind of charger does an elf bar use?”
If you follow the instructions properly, your elf bar can last very long.