Vaping has become an increasingly popular activity in recent years, and while it has many benefits, it can also lead to accidents, such as spilling vape juice on your clothes. The good news is that removing vape juice stains from clothing is possible, but it requires a few steps to get it done right. In this exclusive guide, we will explore all you must know about how to get vape juice out of clothes.
Why Does Vape Juice Stain Clothes?
Before diving into how to get vape juice out of clothes, it’s essential to understand why the stains occur in the first place. Vape juice comprises various ingredients, including propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, flavorings, and sometimes nicotine. These ingredients can leave a residue on your clothes that creates a stain. The faster you act to remove the stain, the easier it will be to get it out.
What Not to Do When Trying to Remove Vape Juice Stains?
While there are multiple things you can do to remove vape juice stains, there are also things you should avoid. Here are a few of the most usual mistakes people make when trying to remove vape juice stains:
- Using hot water: Hot water can set the stain into the fabric, making removing it more challenging. Always use cold water instead.
- Rubbing the stain: Rubbing the stain can spread the liquid and make the stain worse. Instead, blot it with a clean, dry cloth or paper towel.
- Using bleach: Bleach can damage the fabric and worsen the stain, so avoid using it.
- Putting the garment in the dryer: Putting the garment in the dryer before the stain is entirely removed can set the stain and make it more challenging to remove.
How to Remove Vape Juice Stains from Clothes?
Now that you know what not to do, it’s time to get into the nitty-gritty of removing vape juice stains. Follow these five easy steps:
Step 1: Blot the stain with a clean, dry cloth or paper towel to remove any excess liquid.
Step 2: Rinse the stain with cold water to remove as much of the stain as possible.
Step 3: Apply a stain remover to the affected area and let it sit for a few minutes.
Step 4: Wash the garment in cold water using a laundry detergent that contains enzymes to break down the stain.
Step 5: Check the stain before putting the garment in the dryer. If the stain is still visible, repeat the above steps until the stain is entirely gone.
Alternative Methods for Removing Vape Juice Stains
If the above steps don’t work, you can try some alternative methods for removing vape juice stains:
- Use vinegar: Mix equal parts white vinegar and cold water and soak the stain for 30 minutes. Rinse the cloth with cold water and wash it as usual.
- Try baking soda: Baking soda is another natural cleaning agent that removes vape juice stains effectively. Mix baking soda with a very small amount of water to create a paste, then apply the paste to the stain. Let it sit for a few hours, then wash the clothing as usual.
- Use dish soap: Apply a small amount to the stain and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse the garment with cold water and wash it as usual.
Additional Tips for Removing Vape Juice Stains
While the above methods should be adequate for most vape juice stains, some may require additional effort and knowledge on how to get vape juice out of clothes.
Here are a few more tips to help you remove stubborn vape juice stains from your clothes:
- Use a commercial stain remover: If the stain is particularly stubborn, you can try using a commercial stain remover. Look for a product that removes oil-based stains, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Soak the clothing item in vinegar: Vinegar is a natural cleaner that can help to break down the vape juice stain. Fill a bucket with warm water and mix with a cup of white vinegar. Soak the stained item in the solution for a few hours, then wash it as usual.
- Use rubbing alcohol: Rubbing alcohol can be an effective solution for removing vape juice stains. Wet a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and blot the stain until it fades away. Afterward, Be sure to rinse the cloth thoroughly.
- Don’t put the clothing item in the dryer until the stain is completely gone: If the stain is still visible after washing, don’t put the clothing item in the dryer. The heat from the dryer can set the stain, making it even more challenging to remove. Instead, air dries the clothing item and repeats the stain removal process until the stain is completely gone.
Which Vape Juice Brands Stain The Least?
It is possible that some e-juice brands may be less likely to leave a stain than others, but it’s difficult to say for sure. The potential for vape juice to leave a stain on clothing can depend on several factors, including the ingredients, the juice’s color of the e-juice, and how quickly the stain is addressed.
Some e-juice brands may use ingredients that are less likely to leave a stain, such as those with lower levels of artificial coloring. However, it’s important to note that even e-juices that are clear or light color can still leave a stain if not addressed quickly.
In general, it’s best to assume that all e-juices have the potential to leave a stain and to take steps to prevent and remove stains as needed. This may include being careful when handling and using e-juice, avoiding spills on clothing, and quickly addressing any stains using the methods described in this article, as it is the only answer for how to get vape juice out of clothes.
Ultimately, the best way to prevent e-juice stains is to be mindful of your surroundings when using your vape and to take steps to protect your clothing. This may include wearing an apron or protective clothing when vaping and avoiding spills and drips.